in Nottingham and Derby
A funeral plan is an easy way to arrange the funeral you want in advance. A plan allows you to specify your wishes and pay for the funeral director’s services included in your plan. As customers often tell us, that can bring peace of mind to you and your family. A plan from Golden Charter also includes an allowance towards third party costs. These are essential, non-funeral director services such as the cremation or burial fees, plus the minister or officiant’s fee to perform the service.
At Kinton & Daughter Family Funeral Directors, we work in partnership with Golden Charter to provide you with a simple way to plan ahead. As one of the UK’s largest funeral plan providers*, Golden Charter has helped 900,000 people make funeral provisions
** so we’re completely confident in offering their plans to you.
Everyone has different needs when it comes to funeral planning, so we make sure the plans we offer are as flexible as possible. When you get in touch, we’ll be happy to discuss your funeral requirements and tailor a plan to suit you. Rest assured a plan from Golden Charter is available to all UK residents regardless of age or state of health.
*Based on a Golden Charter analysis and independent research of the funeral plan market size as at January 2023.
**Correct at March 2023.
As an independently owned funeral director, we’ll take the time to understand your wishes and tailor a plan to suit you. We can discuss these at our premises or in your home, at a time that is convenient for you. If you’d prefer to discuss this over the phone or via email, we can assist with this too. You can tell us about any preferences you have in mind – the type of funeral you would like to have, hymns, music or any other personal touches – and we’ll make sure your plan takes these into account.
Our funeral director’s services will be covered in your funeral plan, which means our fees will be fixed at today’s prices.
These services typically include:
· Professional services and making arrangements for the funeral
· Transportation of the deceased from the place of death to our premises, chapel of rest or other suitable location
· Care of the deceased and preparations for family viewing if requested
· Advice on the certification and registration of death and related documentation
· Provision of funeral vehicles
· Advice on bereavement counselling
· Coffin or casket requested
Although a pre-paid funeral plan can cover all of the services above, there are some additional third party costs to consider. These are the costs for essential, non-funeral director services required to carry out a cremation or burial which need to be paid at the time of the funeral. These costs are outside our control. Depending on the plan type chosen, a Golden Charter funeral plan can include a contribution towards some third party costs.
They may include:
· Crematorium fee
· Minister or officiant’s fee
· Cemetery fee: the opening of a new or existing grave for burial or interment of cremated remains
Other third party costs that may be associated with a funeral include:
· Purchase of grave or lair
· Hire of church or other venue
· Fees for organist or soloist
· Memorial, such as a headstone, entry in a book of remembrance, or the planting of a tree
· Catering, floral tributes and newspaper announcements
There will only be more to pay at the time of the funeral if the third party costs exceed the allowance when you buy your plan, or if the costs increase by more than the growth of your plan. Even if prices rise in the future, once your plan is paid for, you’ll have the reassurance of knowing there’ll be nothing more to pay for our services included in the plan – guaranteed.
With a Golden Charter funeral plan, you can pay for your plan in several ways. Spread the cost or make a one-off payment – simply choose the one that’s right for you. We will provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision.
The retail price of your funeral plan is representative of the equivalent cost of a funeral today plus an arrangement fee of £285 which is retained by Golden Charter to help cover the costs of setting up your plan.
Your payments are held within the Golden Charter Trust. With £1.2 billion under management,1 the Trust is operated by a Board of Trustees, completely independent of Golden Charter.
Their role is to hold your payments and ensure that the funeral director services in your plan can be paid for at the time they are required – however far into the future that may be.
For more information on how your payments are protected, please visit goldencharter.co.uk/faqs
As a Golden Charter plan holder, you’ll receive personalised plan documents, which include a summary of your plan, our details, your plan holder certificate and a personal membership card for you to carry in your purse or wallet.
You can add a nominated representative to your plan if you wish to do so. Your nominated representative will receive a letter which will provide details of your plan and our details, as your chosen funeral director. They will have no authority to make changes to your plan.
You’ll also receive a statement from Golden Charter every three years which will be sent via your preferred contact method.
As your funeral director, we’ll hold full details of your funeral plan. When the time comes, one phone call is all it takes to activate your plan and get the arrangements underway.
As well as the comfort of having a plan in place, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with being able to help save your family from worry and expense in the future. So why not take the next step?
Kinton and Daughter Family Funeral Directors is an appointed representative of Golden Charter Limited trading as Golden Charter Funeral Plans which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN:965279).
Registered in England No. 02511598 Registered Office: One Fleet Place, London EC4M 7WS.
1. Confirmed by Golden Charter Trust’s audited accounts at 31 March 2022.
Kinton & Daughter is an appointed representative of Golden Charter Limited trading as Golden Charter Funeral Plans which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN:965279).
Registered in England No. 02511598 Registered Office: One Fleet Place, London EC4M 7WS.
In determining a suitable pricing structure for Golden Charter’s Independent Way funeral plans we will take into account the FCA Principles for Business, the customer’s best interest rule and the requirement to provide fair value for customers.
We will carefully consider the pricing structure relating to funeral plan products, particularly whether:
· costs, charges and fees are compatible with the needs, characteristics and objectives of our customers.
· costs, charges and fees are transparent, charges are not disguised and information is straightforward and easy to understand.
· our prices quoted are in line with equivalent at need pricing and if not, there is an objective and reasonable basis for any difference,
· evidence why we believe our pricing structure is compatible with the needs and objectives of our customers;
· detail any remuneration received and how we will disclose this to customers;
· disclose any administrative fees charged by Golden Charter in connection with the contract;
· disclose, if applicable, our funeral director arrangement fee;
· confirm that our pricing structure complies with the customer’s best interests rule;
· provide sample documents showing how the funeral plan price will be broken down and shown to customers.
The following rules will be available and adhered to by all employees involved in the selling and delivery of services contained within funeral plans.
· Funeral plan pricing will be determined by the scope of services included within the ‘Independent Way’ funeral plan and will always deliver fair value.
· Funeral plan pricing will be based on the equivalent at-need funeral prices, plus the Golden Charter administration fee.
· If there is a difference between the price of a funeral plan and an equivalent at-need funeral, we will explain to the customer at the point of sale the reasonable and objective basis and record the rationale.
· Any price discounts which may be offered will have defined start and end dates, appropriate customer terms and conditions and will conform to all required legislation.
· Any discounts will be applied equitably and made available to all eligible customers
· Prices quoted will include VAT (where applicable).
· If we offer the Independent Way guarantee, any binding promise will be clearly explained and costed into the funeral plan and will conform to the Golden Charter process.
· Where we include a Funeral Director Arrangement Fee to cover our time for making arrangements with the customer, this will be disclosed and paid directly to us and will not be included in the overall price of the funeral plan. The maximum amount that can be charged is set by Golden Charter at £250.
We will hold an annual internal review and approval process for the pricing of funeral plans and the acceptance and adherence of this policy will form part of our employee funeral plan training.